Saturday 13 November 2010

Indiblogger and Stray Factory's The Great Indian Blogologues-"Yours Digitally,Madras"

"I am a blogger and I pollute cyberspace" declares one of the many vibrant characters of The Great Indian Blogologues-"Yours digitally, Madras".The theater group Stray factory in association with Indiblogger adapted different blogs by nine bloggers and brought them alive on stage.With a host of actors and a bevy of characters , there was almost never a dull moment on stage and the audience had an evening of rollicking fun and laughter.An adaptation of blogs on stage was a first...A good idea that was well executed!
The whole thing was divided into 3 acts.The first act was my personal favorite."Judy finds the one" was a blend of 8 different blogs and kept the audience in splits.Judy's qualifications for her "Perfect guy" and the requirements for her funeral were a scream.The monologue by the terrorist was simply brilliant and there were so many witty one liners that the audience had almost no time to recover from the liners thrown at them in top speed.The detailed highs and lows of working as a terrorist were really funny and I felt was the best written in this act.
Acts Two and Three do not possess the same cohesion that kept Act one together but nevertheless had some of the best actors of the evening.Act 2 "Vigilante vs Vigilante" was the one that probably got the most audience response thanks to Inspector Sathya who I'm sure is going to go down as one of the most popular actors on stage.He was a scream and his interrogation with Sammy ,the detainee in the police station was nothing short of a riot.Harikrishnan leering at Sammy contributed to it all.My friend and I couldnt stop repeating Inspector's phrases after the play was over(Dead aah?Transference aah?Mudder! to name a few).The loan shark was good and I really liked how a character like that effortlessly quoted Shakespeare!.Special mention to the Lighting for this act..Towards the end It was really effective!
Act 3 which was "Confessions of a scattered mind" had adapted 5 different blogs.The outcome?I didnt quite get the connection but the individual posts were brilliant.The Lalit Modi Monologue(Shilpa,Preity..Main Hoon Na!) was my favorite and Shashi Tharoor's entry and his "Tweets" was a scream and I literally couldn't wait to read the original Blog!The guy trying to impress the girl was also something that really reached out to the audience and there was a lot of response and cheering for it(My fav -"I love you""what??""Ok bye").I really liked how it ended as well-"Please please be my friend!".The tamil skit was funny for its use of the local language complete with slang and was entertaining.The three actors there were good!The Mime depicting traffic was pretty awesome.I appreciate anyone who can move seamlessly and silently and their depictions of Autos and Cycles were perfect!
Almost always Rib Tickling and enjoyable,The Great Indian Blogologues had the audience hooked and entertained for most of the time.In some parts ,the flawless and funny writing worked and in other parts the brilliant characters that were neatly etched.It brought out the flavour of Madras all right!I felt that it really connected with me and it was definitely an evening well spent.I really wish they had introduced the actors though!The Blogologues got me thinking as well...I probably need to write more from the heart and put my views down.I have a crazy number of lists as well and as I realized..I could actually share it with cyberspace and not come off as a lunatic or a person with OCD(We shall not go there yet).
It definitely worked for me big time for It got me blogging about it!
Cheers!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review. Glad you liked the show.

Poorvaja said...

I loved it :-)
and thanks for the comment!The post seems a lot more cooler now that one of the actual bloggers commented :)

Anonymous said...

ООО, Ваше мнение пригодится